The Professional Development Committee shall identify contemporary and evolving practice issues that affect CNSs and develop related activities such as, but not limited to, education, practice advisory, and position statements.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Affiliate Advisory Committee, review the charges below and fill out the volunteer application here.
Charges for the Professional Development Committee include:
- Develop a 3-track webinar series for 2020-2021 to include each month a pharmacology CE, professional development CE, and a collaborative clinical practice CE (33 webinars total), by 06/30/2021.
- Develop a routine process for the dissemination of a CNS practice (title protection, licensure, independent practice, and Rx authority) US map for the NACNS website, by 12/31/2020.
- Collaborate with the Graduate Education committee to develop a NACNS position statement on CNS-based Telehealth competencies by 03/31/2021.
- Collaborate with Graduate Education, Professional Development, and Leg/Reg committees to develop a NACNS hardcopy statement [booklet] on the CNS as a solution to America’s Healthcare System Crisis by 6/30/2021 (see exemplar: Buerhaus, P. 2018: Nurse Practitioners: A solution To America’s Primary Care Crisis).
- Collaborate with the Graduate Education committee and create a Taskforce to identify the feasibility of NACNS creating a certification arm/commission for CNS board certification by 06/30/2021.