Download Registration Form
NACNS is pleased to offer this pair of meetings designed to stimulate national-level policy discussions on clinical nurse specialist education, practice and regulation. These meetings will be held at the Arlington Gateway, 801 N Glebe Rd., Arlington, VA.
Click here to register.
In order to make the most of our time together, the agenda has been designed to optimize interaction – both between meeting attendees as a large group and in small group discussions. An emphasis has been placed on providing attendees with concrete and actionable action steps to move the CNS role forward as either faculty members or CNSs in practice settings. The successes NACNS has seen in advocating for the CNS will be highlighted as well.
July 16th, 2018, 1:00 – 6:00 pm
The NACNS Educator’s Forum is the only academic meeting held annually to discuss the issues and concerns of faculty, students, and education programs. Don’t miss the opportunity to discuss relevant issues specific to CNS education with your peers. On the agenda:
- Report from the 3rd Edition Statement on Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice and Education – Key Issues for Faculty Consideration
- Roundtable Discussion: Integration of Revised CNS Statement Components – Education Guidelines and Core Competencies
- Success Strategies for CNS Programs Around the Nation
- Impact of NACNS – Issues and Initiatives that Impact NACNS Education
- NSNA Outreach – Lessons Learned and What Next
Download the NACNS Educator’s Forum Final Agenda
July 17th, 2018, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
The 17th Annual CNS Summit is designed to bring regulators, association representatives, practicing CNSs, Affiliate leaders, CNS students, faculty together to discuss key practice and regulation issues and get the tools and skills you need to make a difference in communicating the CNS role to the public. On the agenda:
- Panel –Legislative and Regulatory Challenges to Full Practice Authority: Experiences from the States
- Panel – NACNS Leadership Topics: Learn What NACNS is Doing RE MACRA, Opioid Issues and Competencies Related to New Technologies
- Interactive Discussion – How to Talk to APRN Stakeholders from the Community to the Legislature
- Interacting with the Media – How to Plan to Get Your Message Out
- Facilitated Discussion – CNS Input – Top Issues in Practice: Help NACNS Identify the Next Hot Topic in Practice for the CNS
Download the draft agenda here.
Westin Arlington Gateway
801 North Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22203
To book your room, click here.