The membership committee shall provide advice to the NACNS Board of Directors on activities that can grow NACNS membership. It focuses on transforming NACNS into an organization that attracts and engages members.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Membership Committee, review the charges below and fill out the volunteer application here.
Charges for the Membership Committee include:
- Develop a CNS Week Celebration for members, healthcare organizations, and communities with the theme “Resurgence of the CNS” by 07/01/2020.
- Develop an elevator speech on why a CNS should join NACNS and roll out a dissemination process by 09/30/2020.
- Review award nominees /submissions, score the candidates, determine award winners, and report to BOD by 12/31/2020.
- Increase the number of award nominees by 100% by submission date.
- Collaborate with certifying bodies to ensure NACNS members receive a discount for certification/re-certification and disseminate this list to membership by 12/31/2020.
- Develop a “Career Guide” for members by 03/31/2021 (see exemplar: Oncology Nursing Society Career Guide).
- Research the evidence and develop an Early Career Mentor/Mentee program for members in the CNS role < 3-years, by 06/30/2021.