The Leg/Reg Committee shall provide guidance to the NACNS Board of Directors on key issues impacting graduate programs, faculty, students and national accrediting and credentialing bodies. This committee shall ensure that current data related to title protection, licensure, and status as an APRN are obtained and disseminated.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Affiliate Advisory Committee, review the charges below and fill out the volunteer application here.
Charges for the Legislative/Regulatory Committee include:
- Develop a routine process to publish meaningful contributions to the CNS-Journal: Legislative and Regulatory Update, every issue beginning with the September/October 2020 issue.
- Develop a routine process enabling NACNS to rapidly respond to changes in healthcare which impacts the CNS role, by 09/30/2020.
- Collaborate with the Affiliate Advisory committee to develop template advocacy support letters for Affiliates aimed to convey positions on legislation that impact the CNS from a local level, by 12/31/2020.
- Strategically develop and disseminate NACNS position statements on contemporary and future legislative/regulatory conditions to positively impact the CNS role in the acute, post-acute and/or ambulatory settings, each end of quarter (9/30, 12/31, 03/31, and 06/30).
- Collaborate with Graduate Education, Professional Development, and Leg/Reg committees to develop a NACNS hardcopy statement [booklet] on the CNS as a solution to America’s Healthcare System Crisis by 6/30/2021 (see exemplar: Buerhaus, P. 2018: Nurse Practitioners: A solution To America’s Primary Care Crisis).