Watch the NACNS Nominating Committee’s Information Webinar:
Open Positions (individuals can only run for 1 elected office):
- President-Elect – (1 open position)
- Secretary/Treasurer – (1 open position)
- Board Director at Large – (3 open positions)
- Nominating Committee Member – (4 open positions)
(To view position information, click on the position name.)
Nominations must be received no later than Monday, September 7, 2020
Nominating committee members must be members in good standing when they apply and are elected for a 2 – year term. The work of the nominating committee will be conducted by conference call. Most of the work happens prior to the opening of the call for nomination through the publication of the NACNS election.
Details for Board and Officer Positions
- Work of the board and elected officers occurs primarily by monthly conference call.
- NACNS Bylaws specify that a minimum 2 years of consecutive membership is required to run for a board-related office.
- All board-related positions are for a 2-year term. The president-elect has a 3-year term (1 year as president-elect, 1 year as president and 1 year as past president.)
- There are two face-to-face board meetings per year. Meetings occur at the Annual Conference and in July. Elected board members are encouraged to attend the NACNS Annual Conference, March 10-13, 2021 in New Orleans, LA.
- The first board meeting for the newly elected board members takes place on the last day of the 2021 Annual Conference. NACNS does not reimburse expenses for newly elected board members to attend this meeting.
- NACNS has a volunteer reimbursement policy that offsets much of the costs of your travel to and from the board meetings after the 2021 Annual Conference. Board members have the option to donate their reimbursement to CNSI. This policy will go into effect for your travel from April 2021 through the end of your term in March 2023.