With all the developments in health care, from credentialing to the changes associated with Affordable Care Act, it can be a challenge to keep up with the latest news affecting clinical nurse specialists (CNSs).
The National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists is the only association representing the unique role of the CNS. NACNS members are advanced practice registered nurses and leaders in health care. Our members work in a variety of specialties-from acute care to diabetes to pain management and more-across the continuum of health care to ensure high-quality, evidence-based, patient-centered care.NACNS is dedicated to advancing CNS practice and education, removing certification and regulatory barriers, and assuring the public access to quality CNS services.
Representing the Unique Interests of CNSs
Clinical nurse specialists are agents of change in the health care system, and NACNS serves to represent their unique interests and give them a national voice.Each day, NACNS works to increase the visibility and influence of CNSs.NACNS is the national authority for CNS practice and education. It offers professional development and enhanced leadership possibilities and opportunities to network with other CNSs from around the country.The association promotes ground-breaking research done by CNSs that further illustrates how CNSs are instrumental in raising the quality of health care, improving patient safety and reducing the costs of health care delivery.
Benefits of Membership
NACNS members are leaders in health care. Our members work in a variety of specialties across the continuum of health care to ensure high-quality, evidence-based, patient-centered care.
- FREE CEs for NACNS’s Webinar Series- more than 20 contact hours per year at no cost! ($1400 value)
- At your finger-tips access to NACNS’ Journal- Clinical Nurse Specialist™ ($160 value) – both online and in hard copy
- Discounted registration to the NACNS Annual Conference ($300 discount at Early-Bird, and $235 discount onsite)
- CNS certification discounts from American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Discounts on liability insurance from the Nurses Service Organization (NSO).
- National and state representation about issues affecting CNSs, like regulation, certification, reimbursement and more.
- Special products related to the celebration of CNS Week, September 1-7 each year.
- Assistance developing regional and local NACNS affiliates.
- Networking opportunities with CNSs from around the country.
The total value of NACNS annual membership is more than $1900. Actual membership dues are less than a fraction of that, making NACNS membership an excellent value.
Affordable Professional Development Opportunities
The benefits of joining NACNS far outweigh the costs. A one year, individual NACNS membership is $165.00. The rate for nursing students is $133.00, and the rate for retired CNSs is $92.00. NACNS offers a legacy membership for $165, for those who have been members for 20 years or more and associate memberships for $150, for those who are interested in supporting the clinical nurse specialist role but were not educated as a CNS. There is also a discounted rate for multi-year memberships.
Institutions may join NACNS and receive a bulk number of memberships. NACNS offers several levels of institutional membership depending on the size and the number of CNSs to be included. In addition, institutional members receive discounts on NACNS web job postings and conference exhibits, print and electronic subscriptions to the Clinical Nurse Specialist: The International Journal for Advanced Nursing, a print copy of the NACNS Statement on CNS Practice and Education, and acknowledgement in the NACNS Newsletter. Apply now and support your CNS workforce with this important benefit.
Become a member today!
Please send check payments to:
c/o NACNS Accounting
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 600
Wakefield, MA 01880