NACNS provides the opportunity for state-level and regional common interest groups to become NACNS Affiliates. NACNS Affiliates must be independent organizations that have mission and goals similar to NACNS.
NACNS Affiliates are not in a chapter relationship with NACNS.
Benefits for NACNS Affiliates
- NACNS Affiliates receive many benefits, including:
- Being publicly linked to the only national organization supporting and advancing the CNS role;
- Being able to link local CNSs with CNSs all across the United States;
- Opportunities to publicize accomplishments in the CNS Journal and CNS Communiqué; and
- Being part of a larger movement to advocate for the CNS role.
Requirements for Affiliates
NACNS’ Bylaws provide for the establishment of Affiliates. To become an Affiliate, groups must:
- at least 25 percent of the group’s members are members of the Association (or more than 100 members are);
- the Bylaws of the state organization have been reviewed and approved by NACNS’s Board of Directors; and
- the group and the Association have entered into an agreement of affiliation.
Affiliate Application and Agreement Process
In order to apply as a new Affiliate – please contact Michelle Matz @ firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the Affiliate Agreement.
If you are exploring formation of an Affiliate and want to talk to someone about the process, members of the NACNS Affiliate Advisory Committee will be happy to talk with you. Please email Affiliate@nacns.org with a request. Please put: “Exploring New Affiliate” in the subject line.
- Alabama Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Alaska Clinical Nurse Specialist Association
- California Association of CNSs
- Central Indiana Organization of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Florida Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Georgia CNS
- Michigan Association of Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Minnesota Affiliate of National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Mo-Kan Clinical Nurse Specialists (Missouri-Kansas)
- North Carolina Affiliate of National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Northeast Ohio CNS
- Oklahoma Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Oregon Council of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Susquehanna Valley of Pennsylvania NACNS Affiliate
- Texas Clinical Nurse Specialists
- VA Virtual (Veteran’s Administration)
- Virginia Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Washington State CNS
- Wisconsin Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Western New York (WNY) NACNS