The Susan B. Davidson Service Award recognizes extraordinary service to NACNS. It is named for Susan B. Davidson, a founding member of NACNS who served two terms as President of the association and chaired the NACNS Research Committee.
Her unwavering support for the fledgling organization was demonstrated in her sustained contributions of time and talent in service to NACNS. In her honor, the board created this award to recognize an NACNS member who, like Dr. Davidson, made outstanding contributions of time and talent in service to the organization.
The application period will be October 10-November 6, 2023.
Winners will be informed in December 2023.
- The candidate must be educated as a CNS in a masters, postmasters, or doctoral program and meet state requirements for licensure and certification.
- Continuous membership in NACNS for at least the past five years.
- The candidate demonstrates evidence of having met the following criteria:
- A sustained level of outstanding service to NACNS including but not limited to serving on and leading committees, task forces or other ad hoc initiatives.
- Evidence of notable accomplishments in service to NACNS such as position statements, white papers, conference presentations, or policy advocacy.
- Evidence of having created or significantly contributed to programs or initiatives that resulted in positive outcomes for NACNS members.
- If selected, the candidate agrees to receive the award in person at the next NACNS annual conference.
- Current members of the NACNS board of directors are not eligible.
- Applications received by the deadline will be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
- Selection is made based only on the information submitted.
- All information will remain strictly confidential and will not be returned.
- Applicants will receive an email letter announcing the outcome of the review.
- Upon selection notification, the award recipient will be asked to submit an official professional portrait picture.
- A plaque recognizing the recipient will be presented at the NACNS conference. Nontransferable complimentary one day NACNS conference registration will also be awarded.
Nomination Packet Includes:
The candidate must be nominated by an NACNS member who can speak to their service to the organization. Submit a nomination package electronically that includes:
- One letter of recommendation from a colleague who can affirm and speak to the candidate’s service, limited to 3-page maximum.
- The criteria must be addressed in the letter with specific examples.
- Indicate the relationship between the nominator and the candidate
- A copy of the nominee’s current CV/resumé.
- A 200 – 300-word statement to be used at the award presentation and in press releases. This statement should include a brief biography of the nominee and exemplar(s) of the nominee’s work.
- Submit the nomination by November 6, 2023.
- Submit the nomination packet using the application form.
- Nomination letter and current CV will be submitted together in one pdf.
- All submissions must be typed copy.