The Sixteenth Annual NACNS award to recognize the Affiliate of the Year will be presented during the 2020 Annual Conference in Indianapolis, IN.
The purpose of the award is to recognize a state or regional or virtual clinical nurse specialist (CNS)
organization that is affiliated with NACNS for outstanding efforts in support of NACNS’s mission and strategic goals at the local level. The mission of NACNS is to advance the unique expertise and value the CNS contributes to health care. The strategic goals are to:
- Promote the full scope of practice of the CNS;
- Serve as the national leader for CNS education;
- Promote the benefit the CNS brings to evidenced-based quality, patient safety, and cost of healthcare delivery; and
- Promote CNS research in order to further define the value of CNS interventions.
Please note: If your Affiliate has received this award in the last 4 years you are not eligible to apply.
DEADLINE: September 16, 2019
- Documentation in support of the Affiliate Award application must be complete and submitted by the posted deadline.
- The candidate Affiliate must have a current formal affiliation relationship with NACNS for at least 3 years.
- The candidate Affiliate has NOT received the Affiliate of the Year award in the past 4 years.
- The candidate Affiliate’s membership must serve primarily CNSs (including CNS students, CNS educators, CNS practitioners);
- Who are graduates of accredited masters or doctoral programs that prepare CNSs; or
- Are students in accredited masters or doctoral programs that prepare CNSs; and
- Meet (or for students are eligible to meet) state of residence’s requirements for CNS recognition by their state board of nursing.
- If selected, the Affiliate must agree to have a representative(s) attend the NACNS annual conference.
- The applicant Affiliate will have evidence of on-going activities that support the efforts of CNSs and support the work of NACNS:
- Demonstrate sustained growth of the NACNS member component (% of affiliate’s membership who hold NACNS membership) over the past three years.
- Offers continuing education activities to assist CNSs in their efforts to maintain eligibility for recognition and/or licensure as a CNS in their state. For example, has offered an innovative, creative continuing education class, conference or program.
- Develops leadership role of CNSs including advocating CNSs recognition in local, regional, and national professional CNS organizations.
- Advocates for CNS/ CNS role recognition at the local, regional, and/or national level.
- Contributes to the growth and activities of NACNS through individual member’s contributions or through affiliate-level activities.
- Communicate the value of CNSs through publications (article, book chapter) or presentations at the local, regional, and national conference that is relevant to practicing CNSs.
A plaque recognizing the winner will be presented at the NACNS conference and the winner will be featured in the CNS journal. Nontransferable complimentary one day NACNS conference registration will also be awarded.
Applications received by the deadline will undergo review by the selection committee appointed by the Board of Directors. All candidate information must be received at the NACNS office by September 16, 2019 . This deadline will be strictly adhered to in the selection process.
- Nomination Packet includes:
- Provide documentation of the name of the affiliate, the primary communication contact, and the affiliate leadership.
- Documentation that addresses the eligibility criteria listed above (items 1-5). This information may be presented in narrative or tabular form, or both, whichever is best for clearly and concisely summarizing information.
- Prepare a document that addresses each of the quality criteria listed in item 6 above.
- Write a statement as to why your group should be awarded the “Affiliate of the Year” and include the number of years your affiliate has been organized. (Limit 350 words). This statement will be used when presenting the award at the Annual Conference and will be used in press releases about the award winner.
- Selection is made based only on the information submitted.
- The submitted documents will not be returned.
- The designated representative of the winning Affiliate will be notified by December 2019 and is expected to notify the Affiliate leadership of the results.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.