The Thirteenth Annual NACNS Clinical Nurse Specialist Mentor of the Year Award Award will be presented during the 2021 Annual Conference.
The purpose of the award is to nationally recognize an NACNS member for outstanding professional achievement as a clinical nurse specialist (CNS) who has been or is a mentor. The award acknowledges an experienced CNS who establishes a caring relationship with a novice nurse as a trusted counselor, guide, role model, teacher, and friend, providing opportunities for personal and career development, growth, and support to the less experienced individual.
Examples of mentorship work include: Coaching, guidance, support, inspiration
Please review the criteria and submit a completed application with corresponding rationale supporting candidates who you recommend for this award.
- The candidate may be nominated by a nursing colleague, clinical supervisor, administrator, faculty, collaborating physician and/or graduate CNS nursing student(s).
- Candidate meets their state of residence’s requirements for CNS recognition by their state board of nursing.
- Active membership in NACNS for at least the past 2 years
- The candidate must have been educated as a CNS in a masters or doctoral program.
- If selected, the candidate must agree to attend the NACNS annual conference and provide a photo suitable for inclusion in the conference program brochure.
- The candidate must portray a seasoned professional who has advanced job-related experience, a positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates a supportive relationship, establishing mutual trust and respect for the mentee.
- Guides mentee in their professional, personal, and interpersonal growth.
- Displays guidance, motivation, and emotional support for the mentee.
- Helps mentee with goal setting, developing contacts, and identifying resources.
- Incorporates innovative mentoring approaches to enhance relationships
A plaque recognizing the winner will be presented at the NACNS conference and the winner will be featured in the CNS journal. Nontransferable complimentary one day NACNS conference registration will also be awarded.
Applications received by the deadline will undergo review by the selection committee appointed by the Board of Directors. Award recipients will receive an email letter announcing if they have received their award and the day and time the award is planned to be presented. All candidate information must be received by September 30, 2020. This deadline will be strictly adhered to in the selection process.
Submit nomination package electronically via the form listed below.
Nomination Packet includes:
- One letter from the nominator, limited to 2-page maximum, written on letterhead and signed; and addressing the following:
- Indicate how the nominator knows the nominee (e.g., in what capacity/role, how long);
- Provide supportive information using the eligibility criteria (item #7 above) as subheadings, clearly describe the nominee’s work under each criterion/sub-heading. Be specific, not global.
- One a letter of recommendation from a colleague who can speak to the candidate’s CNS work, limited to 2-page maximum. Each of the criteria must be addressed in the letter with examples.
- A copy of the nominee’s current CV/resumé
- All submissions must be typed copy.
- Selection is made based only on the information submitted.
- All information will remain strictly confidential and will not be returned.
- Winner will be notified by December 2020. and will be asked to submit a picture for recognition at the conference.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.