The First Annual NACNS Clinical Nurse Specialist Entrepreneur/Innovator of the Year Award will be presented during the 2021 Annual Conference.
The purpose of the award is to nationally recognize an NACNS member for outstanding professional achievement as a clinical nurse specialist (CNS) who is a nurse entrepreneur or innovator. The award acknowledges a CNS who has created and developed their own business; offer nursing services; introduces or develop and distributes medical products or devices.
Examples of entrepreneur include: Provides consultation addressing a wide range of topics, including systems improvement, research consultation, professional development, marketing/social media, device manufacturing, specialized service delivery, development of targeted services and/or products, and expert witness or other legal consultation.
Please review the criteria and submit a completed application with corresponding rationale supporting candidates who you recommend for this award.
- The candidate may be nominated by a nursing colleague, clinical supervisor, administrator, faculty, collaborating physician and/or graduate CNS nursing student(s).
- Candidate meets their state of residence’s requirements for CNS recognition by their state board of nursing.
- Active membership in NACNS for at least the past 2 years
- The candidate must have been educated as a CNS in a masters or doctoral program.
- If selected, the candidate must agree to attend the NACNS annual conference and provide a photo suitable for inclusion in the conference program brochure.
- The candidate must demonstrate outstanding achievements in a successful business or the creation of an innovative product
- Establishes creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial approaches to fill the gaps in patient care
- Dissemination of the business which may include education and training
- Development of marketing and sales of client care products to address specific patient care and recovery issues
- Develop ideas into practical solutions to improve health care
- Demonstrate characteristics of successful entrepreneurial: ambition, perseverance, willingness to learn, creativity, ability to listen, assertiveness/confidence, courage and risk taking
A plaque recognizing the winner will be presented at the NACNS conference and the winner will be featured in the CNS journal. Nontransferable complimentary one day NACNS conference registration will also be awarded.
Applications received by the deadline will undergo review by the selection committee appointed by the Board of Directors. Award recipients will receive an email letter announcing if they have received their award and the day and time the award is planned to be presented.. All candidate information must be received by September 30,2020. This deadline will be strictly adhered to in the selection process.
Submit nomination package electronically via the form listed below.
Nomination Packet includes:
- One letter from the nominator, limited to 2-page maximum, written on letterhead and signed; and addressing the following:
- Indicate how the nominator knows the nominee (e.g., in what capacity/role, how long);
- Provide supportive information using the eligibility criteria (items #6 & 7 above) as subheadings, clearly describe the nominee’s work under each criterion/sub-heading. Be specific, not global.
- One a letter of recommendation from a colleague who can speak to the candidate’s CNS work, limited to 2-page maximum. Each of the criteria must be addressed in the letter with examples.
- A copy of the nominee’s current CV/resumé
- All submissions must be typed copy.
- Selection is made based only on the information submitted.
- All information will remain strictly confidential and will not be returned.
- The winner will be notified by December 2020 and will be asked to submit a picture for recognition at the conference.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.