Only US CNS Association Recognizes Outstanding Professional Excellence
RESTON, Va. – March 17, 2023 – The National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) recently announced its 2023 award winners, president, and president-elect. Mitzi Saunders, Ph.D., APRN, ACNS-BC, was elected president and Jennifer Manning, DNS, ACNS-BC, CNE, was elected president-elect of NACNS. Five new board members were also recently elected.
NACNS is the only US non-profit organization representing the 89,000 clinical nurse specialists (CNS) in our country, and is dedicated to advancing the practice and education of the role. CNSs are one of the four categories of Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
Awards were given out to NACNS members and affiliates in the CNS field whose achievements and contributions were outstanding. Award winners were nominated and selected by their peers. More information about the annual NACNS Awards Program can be found on our website.
“In order to continue to drive forward the adoption of the CNS role, we need people like these eleven award winners that go above and beyond for their practice,“ said Mitzi Saunders, Ph.D., APRN, ACNS-BC and NACNS president. “I am thrilled to be able to honor these hardworking professionals and all they do for the CNS profession.”
The 2023 NACNS National Award Winners are:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist of the Year: Marianne Hiles, MSN, RN, APRN-CNS, ACNS-BC, RNC-LRN, C-EFM, FCNS
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Academic Faculty Award: Jackeline Iseler, DNP, MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, CNE
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Evidence-Based Practice / Quality Improvement of the Year Award: Misty Lamprecht, MS, APRN-CNS, AOCN, BMTCN
- Armed Forces Clinical Nurse Specialist of the Year Award: Major Kenneth Romito, DNP, APRN, AGCNS-BC, CNOR, CSSM
- Rising Star Clinical Nurse Specialist of the Year Award: Matthew Keyes, MS, RN, CNS, ACCNS-AG, AGCNS-BC
- NACNS Affiliate of the Year Award: North Carolina Affiliate of NACNS
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Mentor of the Year Award: Kellie Capes, DNP, RN, AGCNS-BC, PCCN, CMSRN
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Preceptor of the Year Award: Marcia Cornell, DNP, APRN-CNS, RN, ACNS-BC, NPD-BC, CEN, TCRN
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Entrepreneur/Intrapreneur of the Year Award: Lisa Soltis, MSN, RN-BC, APRN, PCCN-K, CCRN-CSC-CMC, CCNS, CES-A, FCCM, FCNS
- Sue B. Davidson Service Award: Dianna J. Copley, MSN, APRN, ACCNS-AG, CCRN
- Brenda Lyon Leadership Award: Erica Fischer-Cartlidge, DNP, RN, AOCNS, EBP-C
- President’s Award: Jan Powers, Ph.D., RN, CCNS, CCRN, NE-BC, FCCM, FAAN
About the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
The National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) is the only national association representing the clinical nurse specialist (CNS). CNSs are the most versatile advanced practice registered nurses and work in a variety of health care specialties to ensure the delivery of high-quality, evidence-based, patient-centered care. As leaders in the acute, post-acute, and ambulatory health care settings, CNSs impact direct patient care, nurses and nursing practice, and organizations and systems to optimize care and drive outstanding clinical outcomes. NACNS is dedicated to advancing CNS practice and education, and removing unnecessary and limiting regulatory barriers while assuring public access to quality CNS services. Learn more and discover the benefits of joining the NACNS.