Please note that this is a brand new, updated system this year! Therefore, all individuals will have to create a new username and password.
Deadline for Abstract Submission has been extended until August 28, 2017
Deadline for Student Poster Submission: December 5, 2017
The association is basing our 2018 abstract selection on the topics of interest as outlined in the member defined NACNS Research Agenda.
Due to the high interest of our membership in presentations that provide Pharmacology CE, we have added this as a category.
Topics of interest include:
- Clinical Practice Application (e.g., patient-centered outcomes, reduction in complications, comparative effectiveness projects, non-disease specific phenomena);
- Healthcare System (e.g., delivery, services, costs, safety, nurse-sensitive indicators);
- Healthcare Policy (e.g., scope of practice, regulation, prescriptive authority);
- Health Promotion (e.g., wellness management, disease management, symptom management, quality of life, functional status, medications and other therapeutics);
- Education (e.g., healthcare provider/students, patients, families, populations [vulnerable, unique], communities);
- Palliative Care Across the Lifespan; and
- Pharmacology/prescribing for the CNS (sessions that reflect the CNS role in assessment and pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic [or combined] treatment of specific diseases and symptoms).
The call for abstracts covers four different types of presentations: individual podium; symposium; clinical management lecture and poster presentations. All abstract submissions should reflect the conference theme: Putting the Pieces Together: Clinical Nurse Specialists Bridging the Gaps in Healthcare.
Austin–Bergstrom International Airport
Distance to hotel – 18 miles, Drive time to Hotel – 30 minutes