Registration is now open for our 2018 Annual Conference! This year’s conference will be bigger and better than ever, with more participants and high-quality presentations, as the number of submitted conference abstracts grew.
New Start Time
This year, the Conference will begin a half day earlier. Pre-conferences will be held as morning sessions on Wednesday, February 28, with the Opening Ceremony kicking off at 1:00 pm later that day.
In response to past conference attendee evaluations, NACNS conference planners added four new workshops to the agenda. Workshops will focus on: Infection Control, Legislative Issues, Technology Concerns and Pharmacology. These workshops will be twice as long as traditional sessions, to allow for more in-depth discussions and presentations.
NACNS will hold focus groups at the Annual Conference to present and discuss work being done by our task forces and committees. These valuable focus groups will not only give members insight into NACNS’ work, but also allow non-members to gauge their interest in getting more deeply involved in the association.
Block off the dates on your calendar now and plan to join us at the Renaissance Austin Hotel from February 28 to March 3 in Austin, Texas, to celebrate how clinical nurse specialists are bridging the gaps in health care.
October 31, 2017 – Student Poster Submission is now open
The deadline for Student Poster Submissions is December 15, 2017. All student poster submissions should reflect the conference theme: Putting the Pieces Together: Clinical Nurse Specialists Bridging the Gaps in Health Care.
Topics of interest include:
- Clinical Practice Application (e.g., patient-centered outcomes, reduction in complications, comparative effectiveness projects, non-disease specific phenomena);
- Healthcare System (e.g., delivery, services, costs, safety, nurse-sensitive indicators);
- Healthcare Policy (e.g., scope of practice, regulation, prescriptive authority);
- Health Promotion (e.g., wellness management, disease management, symptom management, quality of life, functional status, medications and other therapeutics);
- Education (e.g., healthcare provider/students, patients, families, populations [vulnerable, unique], communities);
- Palliative Care Across the Lifespan; and
- Pharmacology/prescribing for the CNS (sessions that reflect the CNS role in assessment and pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic [or combined] treatment of specific diseases and symptoms).
Please note that our submission system is new. Therefore, all individuals will have to create a new username and password.
Click on the link below to reserve your room through the NACNS room block.
Austin–Bergstrom International Airport
Distance to hotel – 18 miles
Drive time to hotel – 30 minutes