- This event has passed.
Stress at Work and at Home
April 1 - April 30
In a recent survey, eighty-two percent of surveyed RNs and nursing students indicated they were at a significant level of risk for workplace stress (ANA & IGC, 2016). This stress often affects the health of nurses and sometimes even the outcomes of patients and patient care. It also affects how nurse leaders work with their staff to help reduce stress. ANA is providing resources to help nurses cope with stress.
Below are some resources you can share with your fellow nurses. Contact Holly Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Navigate Nursing webinar: Living & Working Mindfully: Exploring Mindfulness Techniques for Self-Care, Leadership & Nursing Practice on April 19, 2017 at 1 PM EST. This webinar is free for ANA members!
- ANA’s Combatting Stress webpage for additional resources and the Code of Ethics monthly tip
- The American Holistic Nurses Association’s Stress Management Toolkit for nurses
- ANA Book: Information Overload: Framework, Tips, and Tools to Manage in Complex Healthcare Environments
- ANA Book: Self-Care and You: Caring for the Caregiver
- ANA Webinar: Success Under Stress: Leading a Stress-Free Environment
Reference: American Nurses Association [ANA] & Insight Consulting Group [ICG]. (2016). Health risk appraisal exploratory data analysis: November 30, 2016.