- This event has passed.
June 16, 2017 - June 17, 2017
Rekindle the Spirit: Reconnect the Circle of Indigenous Nursing
This conference is part of NANAINA’s mission and vision to bring healthcare students, educators, and providers together in an effort to improve the outcomes for American Indian/Alaska Native people and advance nursing. The conference will be valuable for nursing students of all educational levels, practicing nurses of all professional levels working with American Indian/Alaska Native/First Nations patients, nurse educators, health care organizations and nursing schools serving American Indian/Alaska Native/First Nations people, and cherished partners of NANAINA.
Conference objectives are:
1) Recognize and celebrate the legacy and contributions to nursing by the late Dr. Roxanne Struthers, PhD, RN (Ojibwe)
2) Facilitate networking opportunities for AI/AN nurses, students, nurse educators/faculty and employers, and NANAINA partners
3) Discuss and develop strategies to increase the number of AI/AN nursing school graduates
4) Explore current and future AI/AN social, physical, community and mental health care needs
5) Report current research results and implications related to AI/AN health
6) Explore and propose mentoring opportunities for AI/AN nursing students and graduates